Thanks to a bizarre combination of watching a programme on Caledonian Road (N9 London) on the BBC (excellent viewings for me), Tweeting that I had lived there for a few years then Eleonora http://eleonoraschinella.wordpress.com replying with a Tweet about a way of tracking and storing them as a story - I discovered an excellent new online tool for corralling all this fleeting internet information.
Its called Storify http://storify.com/ absolutely worth checking out! So I'm using it to pull together the threads of 'knowledge' that I pick up from various sources such as Twitter, Google reader etc. So far I have gone mad and have 4 'stories running - 2 can be found on http://storify.com/grandwizz - one is an Alan Turing tribute and the other relates to collation of Innovation ideas! The other 2 stories are in draft and are just 'knowledge' dumps - probably post them anyway this week sometime.
So the online tools are shaping up like this for me;
- Twitter - full of junk until you can filter what you want through a trusted network then excellent access to current thinking!
- LinkedIn - interfacing with Twitter to share knowledge and for deeper discussions - negative is its a bit glacial in response time - positive is that the feedback you get from a network is fantastic, a living encyclopaedia.
- Github - repo for all coding - best bar none for this type of thing!
- Blogger - this - effectively my diary.
- Storify - repository for pulling things together and building themes.
- My website (yes I am calling it that much to the disdain of my lads) https://sites.google.com/site/oldbam/ for keeping track of where all this is located!
Now just need a good Fortran compiler - the one I have (must be free you see) is a bit too retro even for me;)